[CASL-L] And so it begins -- cell phones in the school library....

Juliann T. Moskowitz juliann14 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 5 07:28:55 PDT 2015

We are a 1:1 iPad school so it mitigates some of the issues with cell phones. Our policy is that cell phone use is at the discretion of the teacher. I don't care if students are using their phones in the library unless they are listening to music or watching a video and it is loud enough for me to hear.
Enforcing a no cell phone policy is a thankless job, especially as you mention when some teachers enforce it and others don't. None of us got into this profession to act as police officers. I'm really happy that it is not an issue for the most part, in my school.

Juliann T. Moskowitz
Director of Library Media
St. Joseph High School
Trumbull, CT 06611
juliann14 at hotmail.com

"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life."
  ―    W. Somerset Maugham,