[CASL-L] CT State Library Collections in Ancestry.com

Hansen, Eric A Eric.A.Hansen at ct.gov
Fri Sep 18 09:58:44 PDT 2015

Cross-posted; please excuse duplication. Please forward as appropriate.

Everyone:

When the State Library ended its business relationship with Auto-Graphics last June 30 iCONN lost the statewide user authentication that had been possible before. We responded to this change by obtaining individual database links from EBSCO and ProQuest that could authenticate users for access to their databases. OneClickdigital eAudio and eBooks work on a different system and were not affected by this change. That leaves Connecticut collections in Ancestry.com. Ancestry requires user authentication up front before users can create their own individual accounts, but does not provide for that up-front authentication. I am working with Ancestry.com now to find a solution to this problem. I will write again as soon as I have more information.

Eric
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D050D6.8BB2D200]
Eric Hansen | Electronic Resources Coordinator | Eric.A.Hansen at ct.gov<http://mailto:Eric.A.Hansen@ct.gov> |Office: (860) 704-2224
Division of Library Development<http://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/home>