[CASL-L] Long overdue: responses to streaming video subscription?

Michelle Luhtala luhtala.michelle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:58:13 PDT 2016

Hello,

I complied your responses to the following questions in a slide show for my
district administrators ages ago, but I neglected to post them here. I hope
to incorporate them into an edWeb.net webinar <https://t.co/w8UcdDIgUr> on
eCollection development tomorrow afternoon at 5PM, Eastern time. Here is
the part of the slideshow
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13s3p0SFSDUeVE2Jna9Cc4PP25_7kBdAyTo0JMUJTpnM/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000>
that
includes your responses. Because licensing compliance is murky, and some
practices may be interpreted as non-compliant, I left off educator and
district names. Please let me know if you would prefer that I remove your
response from the presentation altogether. Thanks!

*This may be a dumb series of questions, but I haven't looked into this for*
*a while.*

*What (if anything) do you offer as a copyright-friendly video streaming*
*service for commercial feature films (i.e. Gangs of New York, Last of the*
*Mohicans, Glory, etc.) ?*

*How many of you block access to online streaming services such as*
*Netflix, HBOGO,*
*Hulu, and ShowtimeAny on campus?*

*Is hard copy DVD still the only legitimate solution?*

*What kinds of conversations are emerging around this in your districts?*

Best,
:-)ML

--
*Celebrate the freedom to read and learn with American Association of
School Librarians <http://ala.org/aasl> (AASL) on Banned Websites Awareness

Michelle Luhtala
Library Department Chair, New Canaan High School
Professional Learning Facilitator, edweb.net <http://edweb.net/emergingtech>
Blog: Bibliotech.me <http://bibliotech.me/>
luhtala.michelle at gmail.com
(817) 458 8692