[CASL-L] President's day ideas

Jane Martellino janemartellino at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 10:42:58 PST 2016

Just in case anyone is looking for an idea...

I am going to have a little fun with grade 3  this week.  The class will be
divided into 4 teams, they will logon to Pebble Go on their chromebooks and
plan their strategy as a team to play a round of jeopardy.

Here is a copy of the spreadsheet if you want to use it.
https://goo.gl/e6UF03

On the second sheet (see tab on the bottom)- you will open that sheet to
get the link for your game.

I'm thinking with grade 4, I am going to have the students consider...
Mount. Rushmore suffered damage and one carving has to be rebuilt, and they
are on a committee to consider an new candidate. They have to research and
provide evidence why the figure should be replaced with a different
president.  This will give them an opportunity to research, compare and
contrast, and provide persuasive evidence. Then, they can use something
like: https://photofunia.com/effects/mount_rushmore
to submit the image with their text.   I will then use Flipgrid to have
them share it out and have others vote through a google form.

--
Jane E. Martellino
Twitter: @janemartellino