[CASL-L] political books

Carol Ansel cansel at williamsschool.org
Fri Feb 26 06:30:23 PST 2016

Here's a link to a LibGuide I made for the elections - some of the
resources are subscription databases, some researchIT CT, some general
websites.

http://libguides.williamsschool.org/election2016

I especially  like the SIRS Issues Researcher database - I have a limited
budget, but I think it's worth my money. The search interface is a little
clunky looking, but the resources it contains are excellent - high
quality, reputable periodicals. They also have a widget for the Reuters
newswire (it's buried a bit on the site), AND, they initially present the
info in a ProCon format - so helpful for debates and pro/con assignments!

I'm going to look into The Week - sounds really good!

Carol Ansel
Librarian/Information Wilderness Guide
The Williams School
182 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320-4110

860.439.2784

[Image:LogoforSignature.jpg]

"Today, with our powers of concentration atrophied by the staccato
communication of the Internet and attention easily diverted to addictive
entertainment on our phones and tablets, book-length reading is harder
still" -- Colin Robinson