[CASL-L] Fwd: [aaslforum] ESSA: "Implementing Programs under Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act"

Shelley Stedman slstedman at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 09:46:05 PST 2016

On behalf on CASL, please read and if you wish, send comments to be included with remarks from CASL board if you are a CASL member. Excuse duplication of emails please, this is also being sent to CASL members list.
Shelley Stedman CASL President

-------- Original message --------From: LESLIE PREDDY <lpreddy at perryschools.org> Date: 1/8/2016  10:19 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: aaslforum at lists.ala.org Subject: [aaslforum] ESSA: "Implementing Programs under Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act"
As we begin unpacking ESSA and preparing for the future, the federal government will provide opportunities for comment/advice. The first of these opportunities (there will be more opportunities with different foci as they also work at unpacking the Every Student Succeeds Act).  We need your help right now! On behalf of school libraries and young people, we need input from all over the country. We want to hear from you and your state. Please review and analyze (see the website for details) and send your suggestions to <esheketoff at alawash.org>. Please send your email to Emily no later than January 13th. A formal report/response on behalf of ALA/AASL will then be prepared and submitted before the national deadline. If you are working with a group to complete your analysis, please send one email from a representative from your group. Please follow the link for detailshttps://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2015/12/22/2015-32178/implementing-programs-under-title-i-of-the-elementary-and-secondary-education-act    Leslie Preddy, American Association of School Librarians, President http://www.ala.org/aasl/
school librarian, teacher, author, keynote, social reader, makerspace coordinator, consultant, lifelong learner
Pinterest Resources: www.pinterest.com/lesliepreddy
Follow on Twitter: @lesliepreddy
Amazon.com author page: http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Preddy/e/B001JP7YH2

Sent from my tablet, so please forgive typos.