[CASL-L] Fwd: [cosslc] The review period for the K-12 CS Framework is now open!

Shelley Stedman slstedman at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 18 08:37:02 PDT 2016

Begin forwarded message:

From: Renee Ousley-Swank <ROusleySwank at cde.ca.gov>
Subject: [cosslc] The review period for the K-12 CS Framework is now open!
Date: June 15, 2016 at 6:58:52 PM EDT
To: <slstedman at hotmail.com>

Hello all,

You may already be participating in this review with your state and thought I would share the invitation to provide feedback on computer science education. I am part of the group providing feedback for California and it looks like as a state we will be moving forward with the development of computer science standards and I will be part of that process.

I apologize for the late notice!

Renée Ousley-Swank, School Library Technology Consultant
Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division
California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Suite 3207
Sacramento, CA 95814-5901
Phone: 916-319-0449

We want to hear from YOU about the future of computer science education!

The ACM <https://www.acm.org/>, CSTA <http://www.csteachers.org/>, Code.org <https://code.org/>, CIC <http://www.cyberinnovationcenter.org/>, and NMSI <http://www.nms.org/>, along with lead states, districts, writers, and advisors, invite you to engage in the third and final public review of the K-12 Computer Science framework. This review period kicked off on June 8 and will close at 11:59 pm PT on June 29. Review a part or the whole - anything helps!

The goal of the K-12 CS Framework is to describe a foundation for what all students need to know and be able to do in computer science. Instructions for individuals and facilitators of group reviews, an online review submission form, the review draft, and background materials are now available at http://K12cs.org/review <http://k12cs.org/review>.

To provide an effective review of the framework draft, please read the about <http://k12cs.org/about/>, FAQ <http://k12cs.org/faq/>, and the annotated presentation <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ghakyQUYVbp9YuOWTm76Zql0Iz4OUI9qQiwU5K04Yxc/edit?usp=sharing> at K12cs.org <http://www.k12cs.org/>
Watch the review period launch webinar recording <http://www.k12cs.org/review>. Learn about the development of the framework and how to provide an effective review.
All of the comments from the prior review period were considered and the writers are still working to incorporate the feedback. Check out theApril blog post <https://k12cs.org/2016/04/27/april-update/> for information on revisions.

Visit http://K12cs.org/review <http://k12cs.org/review> to start the review process (June 8) and sign up <http://k12cs.org/signup/> for updates. Make your voice heard!

Email secured by Check Point