[CASL-L] Article based on interviews with CT school librarians

Oltmann, Shannon M shannon.oltmann at uky.edu
Thu Mar 24 10:52:42 PDT 2016

Hello everyone. Last year, I asked folks to volunteer to be interviewed about having LGBT collections in their school libraries. A number of you volunteered—much thanks! I’ve written a paper based on those interviews, and it is now available here: http://www.yalsa.ala.org/jrlya/2016/03/they-kind-of-rely-on-the-library-school-librarians-serving-lgbt-students/ . I’m happy to answer any questions or receive your comments on it. Again, thanks for participating. Your willingness to participate in studies like this advances the scholarship on school libraries, which in turn helps you and your students.

-Shannon Oltmann

Dr. Shannon M. Oltmann
Assistant Professor
School of Information Science