[CASL-L] 2019 High School Nutmeg Title

Kari Hamad khamad at lioninc.org
Wed Feb 15 11:34:57 PST 2017

Good Afternoon,

As some of you may have already discovered, there is a slight problem with
one of the 2019 TOP SECRET High School Nutmeg titles.  After being assured
by the publisher that this title would be available in paperback as of
January 2017, the paperback publication date was pushed back to September
2017.

The publisher has been contacted, and we now have a promise from them that
the paperback edition will be out by the end of May.  I know this is not
ideal, and it does not meet the May 1st deadline, but since the publisher
has promised to work with us to get the book out as fast as possible, we
have decided to keep it on the High School list.  Until then, the book is
still available in hardcover.

Since the lists are currently top secret, I can't name it specifically in
this email. I caution all of you to please be extremely careful not to
reply-all to this email with the name.  Please email me directly (
khamad at lioninc.org) if you need to know the title or have any further
questions.

On behalf of the Nutmeg Committees, I apologize for the inconvenience.  As
we've seen before (and will probably see again), no matter what assurances
we get up front, it's impossible to control decisions that are ultimately
in the publishers' hands.

Sincerely,

Kari Hamad
Children's Librarian