[CASL-L] Coding and Programming

Tichy, Joan JTICHY at sheltonpublicschools.org
Tue Apr 17 10:19:07 PDT 2018

I went to a code.org workshop using the Fundamentals Course at https://code.org/student/elementary.  It was very helpful.  Look at the Code.org website and you can find where classes are offered.  Code.org has a curriculum that is very easy to use.  In our district we use it with K-4 students.  We divide our library units into 4 units and our coding/Innovation unit begins in December.  We celebrate Code.org and Computer Science week and continue for 6-8 weeks…then it becomes a Maker Space Activity.  Code.org is also offering advanced courses for teachers for Grades 6-12.