[CASL-L] Advocacy Opportunity

STEPHANIE PATTERSON spatterson at southingtonschools.org
Mon Jul 2 08:45:15 PDT 2018

We are apparently ok for the 18-19 school year, but of course it can all change very quickly.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 27, 2018, at 10:08 AM, Barbara Johnson <bajohnson at colchesterct.org<mailto:bajohnson at colchesterct.org>> wrote:

Good Morning!

At 11 this morning, I have a conference call with the Advocacy Office for AASL and ALA, we are going to begin planning a Grassroots effort for advocacy for librarians in the state of Connecticut.

If your district is cutting or considering cutting Library Services, Library budgets, or Librarians can you please let me know ASAP so I can include your District in a letter from the Presidents of ALA and AASL.

I am hoping this is just the first of many conversations, so let me know if these considerations are happening in your District.

Thank you,
Barbara

Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in person.