[CASL-L] Tellabration! At Your Site: November CT Storytelling Center Celebration for any age. ( 1/2 Price)

Carol Glynn tellabrationglynn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 08:43:12 PDT 2018

​

* It’s time to get started!*

We hope your summer is off to a great start.  We, at the CT Storytelling
Center are busy with summer events and laying the important groundwork for
our celebrated fall programs.

We look forward to the possibility of your involvement in Tellabration!
this year. *Tellabration!* is one of our favorite times of year and we are
anxious to get started lining up the perfect storytellers for sites all
over Connecticut  My name is Carol Glynn. I’m a storyteller myself, and I’m
helping Ann Shapiro, Executive Director with initial contacts and
organization to get the ball rolling. Ann will be kept informed about all
discussions and will be taking over in September.  I will be contacting you
in a short time to answer any questions or talk about new ideas.

My email is Tellabrationglynn at gmail.com, and my phone number is
860-334-3470.  I look forward to chatting and planning with you!

*Tellabration!* is an international celebration of story. Libraries,
historical societies, churches, book stores, museums and community
organizations have found *Tellabration! *to be an exciting and enriching
addition to their program offerings. In collaboration with the Connecticut
Storytelling Center, each *Tellabration!* can be customized to appeal to an
organization’s specific mission and audience.

*Tellabration! *is a collaborative effort between The Connecticut
Storytelling Center and your organization that can build interest and
participation for both of us. The Connecticut Storytelling Center supplies
the storytellers who perform at your site. It is important that we schedule
your *Tellabration!* for the audience that is most appropriate for what you
normally do, at a time when your patrons are used to coming to your
facility.

Our storytellers can accommodate audiences of any age: Littlest Listeners
(ages 2 – 4), Children aged 5 – 12, Families, or Adults. We have programs
that focus on multicultural folk tales, history, personal life experiences,
songs that tell stories, the environment/nature, or stories tailored to
your organization’s needs.

A noteable twist on Tellabration! will be of particular interest to
children’s  and young adult or family  audiences.  Our tellers are not just
performers. We are also educators and we have a great deal of experience
working in schools and community settings where we work with audiences to
bring stories to life with audience participation.  We can tell stories and
have participants act it out. We can add audience musicians who play sound
effects to support other actors.  We have giant tool bags full of
improvisational theater games and group storytelling activities that can be
promoted more as an active role for potential audience members.  Stories
are always about listening, but they are often about participating and
contributing.  We’d love to brainstorm with you about your expected
audience needs and ways to attract audience members.

Another  exciting twist on *Tellabration!* will be of particular interest
to Senior Centers and Historical Societies who want to collect oral history
from their members by putting out a call for people to come on a given date
in November to share stories about their town. The Connecticut Storytelling
Center provides a facilitator who will tell a short story based on
Connecticut history followed by an open-ended, but structured story sharing
time with the audience about the town's history as seen through the
people's eyes. The facilitator will prompt the audience’s memory by asking
questions about what it was like when they were children, major events that
they lived through, and changes they have seen.

The Connecticut Storytelling Center will provide:
    Bios and photos of your storytellers
    Press release for your local publicity
    PDF of a poster for your site’s performance(s)
    Statewide, general publicity
    Audience Building Guidelines
    Email blast to The Connecticut Storytelling Center list
    Listing of *Tellabration!* sites on The Connecticut Storytelling Center
web site
    Listing of The Connecticut Storytelling Center sites in *Hearsay,* The
Connecticut Storytelling Center newsletter

You will:
    Send press release to local newspapers, radio, cable TV
    Email blast to your members, clients, patrons
    List your *Tellabration!* on your web site
    List your *Tellabration!* in your newsletter
    Display poster locally

Fees:
Our standard financial arrangement is that each site pays a fee of $400 to
The Connecticut Storytelling Center for our services and two performers.

For a fee of $250, we will provide one teller.

Another way to produce a *Tellabration!* is to charge admission. Tickets
are typically $10 for adults and $5 for children. Admission fees can be
split between The Connecticut Storytelling Center and your organization.

We appreciate your potential interest in hearing more about Tellabration!  We
look forward to speaking with you further.

Thanks again,

The *Connecticut Storytelling Center*