[CASL-L] Current Chapter Books to read aloud to K-2 students

Karen LeFevre lefevrekl at mansfieldct.org
Mon Nov 5 04:16:55 PST 2018

 Hi! I’m looking to put together a list of some more current chapter book read-alouds for K-2 classrooms. Every teacher I polled says they read Charlotte’s  Web, The Mouse and the Motorcycle, My Father’s Dragon, etc. The most current literature was The Giants and the Joneses by Julia Donaldson (2004).

Can you suggest some other  amazing chapter books to read aloud to K-2 students that was written this century?

Thanks,
Karen