[CASL-L] Fwd: Bob Tatham posted a group update to ACES Regional Technology/Library Media Council

Michele Eligio meligio at northbranfordschools.org
Wed Nov 7 09:33:51 PST 2018

Hi Everyone,

I am forwarding an email from Bob Tatham at ACES in regards to the upcoming
Technology/Library Media Council meeting on December 14th. If you haven't
ever attended an ACES meeting, please consider joining us for this one. The
more school librarians we can get on board to attend the quarterly RESC
meetings the better the group will be! It's a super opportunity to meet
with colleagues, hear wonderful presentations, and have a chance to connect
with the technology folks (who often give tremendous insight into the
techie side of things in their respective districts).

First, Doug Casey will be talking about the ISTE standards. Also, I reached
out to Linda William,  Youth Services Consultant for Connecticut State
Library Division of Library Development, who will be giving an awesome
presentation during the librarian break out session!  If you are not
familiar with the ACES meeting format, the meeting starts with technology
and library folks together. Typically the vendor presentation, in this case
Trinty3 Technology, pays for lunch. So, there is no cost for the PD or
lunch!!! Can't beat that! Scroll down to see details below. If you do
attend, and I hope you will, make sure you register using the link that
ACES has provided. Hope to see you there!

Bob Tatham posted a group update to ACES Regional Technology/Library Media
Council:
------------------------------

Good Morning Everyone!

Can you believe we are heading into the holiday season already?!  It seems
like it was just yesterday that we were prepping for the start of the new
school year.

Please join me at our 2nd Technology & Library Media Council meeting of the
school year which is scheduled for *Friday, December 14th*.

We have a full agenda for this meeting! To accommodate time for all our
presenters, *this meeting will run from 9am to 1PM*.

Please review the agenda below for all the details you need.

See you then!

*Robert J. Tatham Jr.*

*Data Services Coordinator*

*ACES - Technology Services Department*

*204 State Street*

*North Haven, CT 06473*

*Office – 203-287-6845*

*Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.*

*What?*

ACES Technology / Library Media Council

*When?*

Friday, December 14, 2018, *9:00 a.m. **– 1:00 p.m.*

*Where?*

ACES Staff Development and Administration Facility (rear building on campus)

205 Skiff Street, Hamden, CT 06517

Location phone: 203-407-4400

*RSVP*

Click Here to Register
<http://email.schoology.com/wf/click?upn=A-2Bxu8OCzqOGwOP5ZmPsnh2S6Isa5-2FMOgvuWZN4v4sDR71-2FPbrroNDXzqD-2Bsm9J9j4W0Qplkuitqok-2FExwi9SEvQfzvQHigshzKlWrqrmKVE-3D_-2FAUs4zAe1JrRNeQza1VlGsurXDgsmS2fSn-2Fa4szSz-2F0YmsygWTonkdvSbjDrVaCIGBjGdVWmScorrdfCMiGxxc46tRbgD2xlDrqUCDJGeYN8YpmvW758VjzMGrc0vsvqpokVsHNtMWoYXOGOOGEnI6J3aCbxzJSkDI1c3RMljxSorg9nz75zsBhCjB42P7BeYfMgJb6vwh-2FIk7oym98RWIU0rbRyauuTswK78jBeGfgzTVjPrZ4DZxkYj2iUAuxhxxxOjaKUioM75fxKkXTM-2Bg-3D-3D>

for not only the December 14th meeting but also for our other upcoming
meetings: (3/8, & 5/10)

*         Agenda *

9 – 10:15AM

10:15 – 11:15AM

11:15-11:30AM

11:30AM

11:30-12:30PM

*Doug Casey* – Commission for Educational Technology, Executive Director –
Presentation topics:  ISTE Standards and K-12 Data Privacy in CT

*Trinity3 Technology* – Matt Walvatne, Account Executive – Vendor
Presentation https://www.trinity3.com/
<http://email.schoology.com/wf/click?upn=Xrf6wa5tt5osWxxh1GILsqSGX2ddtvXqZljwopRiTqI-3D_-2FAUs4zAe1JrRNeQza1VlGsurXDgsmS2fSn-2Fa4szSz-2F0YmsygWTonkdvSbjDrVaCIGBjGdVWmScorrdfCMiGxxXRLsVuhsfyKjKgIOGHERqnhd4kUQ-2BwRSW8-2BM5mg5rAoQVI4E6jPQlsibrVZLtiYpqV98IR0TFUDX0PpKIH8iOKoRL09qLET2X-2BCGb9NXvNrjvAU7vQ3m4IlESRoOvfOALaJNaYtFjlcLiB8hFsDjt6PwbM2iVbme0y3CgTpFKyq2iGlY9bQ4olC0D3tVdeCsA-3D-3D>

We are pleased to announce that lunch will be provided during this meeting
by Trinity3 Technology!

If you would like to be included for lunch, we will need a head count.
Please email Sue Kelly skelly at aces.org stating that you would like to be
included for lunch.

BREAK

LUNCH

*Middletown Library Service Center* – Linda Williams, Youth Services
Consultant for Connecticut State Library Division of Library Development -
https://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/children
<http://email.schoology.com/wf/click?upn=kzocDd1TDwRAENbLwHCq4t78NACnWwBb6KODoRH9ElYjXBP7rkFTixbSSkG4dSP-2FYwjIYm6-2BFO1w2jgO2LZkfQ-3D-3D_-2FAUs4zAe1JrRNeQza1VlGsurXDgsmS2fSn-2Fa4szSz-2F0YmsygWTonkdvSbjDrVaCIGBjGdVWmScorrdfCMiGxxaGrrhDxXVpZIO3VNuOvqyt-2FYEWXooQqFhp-2FgPlvU-2FeliZ-2B-2B1oW2BeSm2Ox5uSTCYR20HpElF42d0deXo-2F6LwTaFKoBnqNV5uJTLR-2FViK3KH8if6r-2FOot2C0TdzvNQJeesWwrwqYMTj-2BTjiTQUmCcqZNBaLA-2BSYNPA4gslBK-2BOHtIHptel-2F9h8IuyhwkmT20VQ-3D-3D>

The Middletown Library Service Center is a collaborative meeting and
program space for librarians and library staff as well as an innovation
incubator for transformative professional development, as well as physical
and human resources to inspire imagination and creativity.

Unfamiliar with the wealth of valuable resources and links available on the
Children/Young Adult Libguide located on the Connecticut State Library's
website or know about it but find it a bit overwhelming to maneuver, then
the LMS Special Interest Group breakout session of the ACES Regional
Technology Council on December 14th is for you! In this session, Linda
Williams consultant of Children's and Young Adult Services for the
Middletown Service Center, a division of the Connecticut State Library,
will provide an overview of the libguide, resources available through the
service center, as well as provide insight as to how school librarians can
forge relationships with our very important librarian partners in the
public sector.

Topics will include an overview of Programming Materials, Collection
Support, the Professional Collection, a review of the resources under the
Collection Development tab including starred reviews, what constitutes a
classic, booklists, summer reading, and how public libraries can lend
resource support to Common Core.

12:30 – 1:00 p.m.

(if time warrants)

   - Power School Special Interest Group

   - Google Special Interest Group

Upcoming Meetings

Our upcoming meeting schedule: March 8th, May 10th.

*Ways to connect*

Join our Schoology Group at http://www.schoology.com
<http://email.schoology.com/wf/click?upn=s-2FMSu0c2nfYjHW03v-2F3MmAfsEgF5U7bWl2rXtnJHnWY-3D_-2FAUs4zAe1JrRNeQza1VlGsurXDgsmS2fSn-2Fa4szSz-2F0YmsygWTonkdvSbjDrVaCIGBjGdVWmScorrdfCMiGxxQdN2TdbmAWSIrAS3Oxj15CaxuE1QVFMIWm8xrmYzKCuBvLROGMd-2FGFUhxUCydBUTbbhUOk3LxyeO1zJNx6IXpExJ4Oymn0eTotqgNBuoWgTfZJk1xUkAfhWNf6Xwqq5kvSLEQ9ysWpRlB8m9H1c64HNsPrE71GzhuLHcbDmKFv-2B3CZHYO1ETBCoh42wWiAyGA-3D-3D>
 Group Access Code = 6PJRP-N847Z

See the attached file that illustrates how to join a Schoology group.

------------------------------

To view the update, click the link below:
http://app.schoology.com/group/213149130/update/1908253548
<http://email.schoology.com/wf/click?upn=6T0bE3OlGB0uvzDalMNtvMizvg3jZHzLonSFi9gmI7AFLQCbMTqLShd-2FHvbl-2BU61jFkZCJpVoA3QO8GeLgXIOw-3D-3D_-2FAUs4zAe1JrRNeQza1VlGsurXDgsmS2fSn-2Fa4szSz-2F0YmsygWTonkdvSbjDrVaCIGBjGdVWmScorrdfCMiGxxWiyYRbRf53pWC7auEt9V1cTlH9OdqeaXFzf-2B4X-2FK6sM5HUzK4VRNjXvoDyBKhpORgvIYhRrMIzEbgKn3V85hsvaUclbY4toevYWLu9sFBmvNrXeBkkeKh4GZKdFUGfq0SmSS7B-2F0gT9pH-2BPx3KfvlyWzpO6mvGhreDIPDy0fWmsmQpK00f4MBjxc1jJhaGl9g-3D-3D>
Schoology
<http://email.schoology.com/wf/click?upn=6T0bE3OlGB0uvzDalMNtvGSohFUws5eE1MypSfFvHC8-3D_-2FAUs4zAe1JrRNeQza1VlGsurXDgsmS2fSn-2Fa4szSz-2F0YmsygWTonkdvSbjDrVaCIGBjGdVWmScorrdfCMiGxxd-2F3CQ6LylekwJxFDVWvxUzDgaLLHP55jLpRlqvWxwzCR1qJcA4ChJ-2BCOZ903XiIpG2QCvt-2B185v28O9Ej0pedEo0XUPVLfZb5diPDm0W8C-2BDYtfK5FkjV-2BGPfClMoLjng77YG8l2MCQgDDA6lubjSAoxOQOWb7cBzBk6wt-2Bej-2Bymb2OXDXnGKimqh2XcD3Sqg-3D-3D>
© 2018.
This message was sent to . To control the emails you receive from Schoology
<http://email.schoology.com/wf/click?upn=Xrf6wa5tt5osWxxh1GILss7QNyXYxrq58wixr-2B-2FvX0c8u-2F8FHalidTsx7z6oP2aM_-2FAUs4zAe1JrRNeQza1VlGsurXDgsmS2fSn-2Fa4szSz-2F0YmsygWTonkdvSbjDrVaCIGBjGdVWmScorrdfCMiGxxTb2htyo8-2F8mxv-2F74eU1oWNHX2kwGwslwDnDlefU83TtRlmxw9VBlSyE4ArziNBQemz-2Baqzc0dUHcEOg3d14f9qQ16mAESdWgAHBq7xEOIPHFCtlfE1p0bp5OnGSaAb2MrGpSM8gDFMKsO-2B0l4VvJDz1C5VR97DX1XUk03sI2uY5Q7M1aQd7c-2FaH7xSLll4b1w-3D-3D>
go to your Account Notifications. If you would like to modify your account
information, go to your Account Settings
<http://email.schoology.com/wf/click?upn=LcW8MjE4w1BrIQwa3huGmuED-2BwOFhI5ojCanu-2B-2F5yXbQ07-2B3YgLg0tVsL8Z98LKAu6Jukn-2BiSZUtNUHbSpcVgg-3D-3D_-2FAUs4zAe1JrRNeQza1VlGsurXDgsmS2fSn-2Fa4szSz-2F0YmsygWTonkdvSbjDrVaCIGBjGdVWmScorrdfCMiGxxaEKnk3k6WEmmzmZlsmxbQn7MTXh4K4nAGAR77dcB6EvBXHI1owD6ur13PRKAItnh5lVNx2IGDVOdOiBzOKiWpmz0b-2B5PE7n7eEBw3Zcjy78-2FA-2BGYztTnr6h8ZqwoTBe7inpNzZgN68jISbLcTor7WyBnBqZ-2B24dBRof7quftFO1-2BnybuoVzsl0qkza4u4FRgQ-3D-3D>.
For more information on how to delete your account, please visit our Help
Center
<http://email.schoology.com/wf/click?upn=wMtEbO6H-2FDylfnLgIaI0XlUccJsqDMetNosyvgcgc1O0bwM-2BLsd3vSPaGVUGz2nZpTiqDk52deoZ7UOOX3WtXA-3D-3D_-2FAUs4zAe1JrRNeQza1VlGsurXDgsmS2fSn-2Fa4szSz-2F0YmsygWTonkdvSbjDrVaCIGBjGdVWmScorrdfCMiGxxbdImEzMWr-2B2F50rR4btnPM1TbFX5HHWDujdkUi50JsYy4VUH7euBRyXiU-2FpQVgSAUDWDW2W5IQknUX-2Fpr5jkFfspWD0xnNrNH6bP0Ij56CMGBWmEPkh174ny0wEzi-2FAdU4VEMoIuqnQnDt3Mh-2BXA9wN3yhnM6o8ytAexz-2FgIqe1BQmLiOIDnNDEQMbMt1LdRQ-3D-3D>.

--

Sincerely,

Michele Eligio

North Branford High School Librarian

49 Caputo Road

North Branford, CT  06471

(203) 484-1465

 *“Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination. They open up
windows to the world and inspire us to explore and achieve, and contribute
to improving our quality of life. Libraries change lives for the better.”
~Sidney Sheldon*

--
The information in this transmission is privileged and confidential and
intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. If you have received this