[CASL-L] [CSL-Conntech] digitizing microfilm

Hurley, Gail Gail.Hurley at ct.gov
Fri Aug 9 08:44:02 PDT 2019

Hi Gale and all,

This is a reminder that the CT State Library has been involved with multiple digitization projects over the years including newspapers, and we have the expertise here to provide you with information.  Please reach out to me if you have questions on a project, and I will point you to the correct staff or resources to help you.

Here are links to some of the resources and projects we have:

Libguide page that has info on newspaper copyright, specs, working with vendors, etc: https://ctstatelibrary.org/newspaper_digitizing

CT State Library Digital Collections http://cslib.cdmhost.com/digital/  - Note: some collections including Newspapers of CT http://cslib.cdmhost.com/digital/collection/p15019coll9  have been moved over to the CT Digital Archive https://ctdigitalarchive.org/ .  You will see both CT State Library collections and Newspapers of Connecticut collections here.  We, along with other organizations in the state have also been working with local libraries to put their already-digitized newspapers into the CT Digital Archive.

We have been fortunate to be part of the NEH-funded National Digital Newspaper Program for 6 years, and I was just notified that we will receive another 2-year grant to continue digitizing historic CT newspapers!  Press release will be coming soon.  The newspapers we digitize are freely accessible through the Library of Congress' Chronicling America database https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/ where you can search all states in the project or just CT.  Our grant project website is the Connecticut Digital Newspaper Project https://ctdigitalnewspaperproject.org/ that has information on the titles we have digitized, history blogs, teaching resources, etc.

You can also access newspapers and digital collections through researchIT https://researchitct.org/ .

Again, please reach out to me if you have questions about projects you are thinking about.

Best,
Gail

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D0519B.D2024810]

Gail Hurley | Library Development Consultant, Division of Library Development | Gail.Hurley at ct.gov<mailto:Gail.Hurley at ct.gov> | Office: (860) 704-2222