[CASL-L] Regarding upsetting news information shared with our youngest learners

Cathy Andronik cathyandronik at yahoo.com
Sat May 25 14:06:18 PDT 2019

 Anne,
This is a perfect example of why we still need books, and especially autobiographies and "own voices," as well as online resources!
Consider Malala's own picture book for younger kids, Malala's Magic Pencil.  In it, she describes her attack in nearly the same words as you do above.  SLJ recommends it for grades 3 and up, but Amazon skews younger.
Cathy Andronik(Retired) Brien McMahon HSNorwalk