[CASL-L] Girls Who Code Webinars

Powe, Kymberlee Kymberlee.Powe at ct.gov
Tue Nov 12 11:16:26 PST 2019

Hello Connecticut.

Below you'll find information on two webinars we will be holding in December, both centering around the Girl Who Code program. In these webinars we'll learn more about the Girls Who Code program, the benefits of partnering with the state while running your program, and the type of support Girls Who Code can provide. Each webinar will run for about an hour.

The CT State Library has partnered with Girls Who Code (GWC) to bring free computer science learning opportunities to our libraries. Girls Who Code Clubs<https://tracking.cirrusinsight.com/8459b156-8cb7-470c-aa79-c9494bd7b11c/girlswhocode-com-clubs> are FREE after-school programs for 6th-12th or 3rd-5th grade girls to join a sisterhood of supportive peers and role models and use computer science to change the world.

Join us for a live webinar with our CT GWC Community Partnership Manager to learn more about implementing Girls Who Code in your library. Click on the links before to sign up!

Children's Librarians Girls Who Code Webinar

Thursday, December 12th @ 1pm

Register here<https://tracking.cirrusinsight.com/8459b156-8cb7-470c-aa79-c9494bd7b11c/zoom-us-meeting-register-4bb7341c98708f9766858a512be5123a>!

Teen Librarians Girls Who Code Webinar

Tuesday, December 17th @ 1pm

Register here<https://tracking.cirrusinsight.com/8459b156-8cb7-470c-aa79-c9494bd7b11c/zoom-us-meeting-register-45d5bae732276dddcde7dc3c8da9331e>!

Benefits of starting a Club includes:

*         Free coding curriculum and resources

*         Funding for your Club

*         Free t-shirts for students

*         Access to an alumni network for the girls including summer opportunities, job boards and more!

There's no computer science experience needed to get started since GWC is there for you every step of the way.

Best,
Kym

[Macintosh HD:Users:jeff:Desktop:CT_State_Library_Email_Logo.jpg]

Kymberlee Powe | Children and YA Consultant | Kymberlee.Powe at ct.gov<mailto:Kymberlee.Powe at ct.gov> | Office: (860) 704-2207 | https://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/children| 786 S. Main St. Middletown, CT 06457| Fax: (860) 704-2228