[CASL-L] Portuguese books for kids

Dawn Higginson dhigginson at oxfordlib.org
Fri Oct 11 09:17:27 PDT 2019

Two thoughts:
1. Ask CT Library Consortium for help with a contracted vendor setup:

*Julie Yulo-Medeiros*

Member Relations Manager, School & Academic Libraries

Phone: 860-344-8777 x102
E-mail: jyulo at ctlibrarians.org
------------------------------

------------------------------

FOR SCHOOL & ACADEMIC LIBRARIES:

Membership inquiries

Product orders

Member questions, suggestions, services & training
2. Try the publishers directly:

Editorial Presença
<https://www.publishersglobal.com/directory/publisher-profile/3173>  Barcarena,
Portugal

General fiction. Children & young adult's books. Fantasy & Science fiction.
Non-fiction: social sciences, history, philosophy, general science,
reference books. Arts. Art techniques. Business. Computer. Self-help.
Esoterics. Foreign languages.

Publisher profile: Editorial Presença
<https://www.publishersglobal.com/directory/publisher-profile/3173>
Ambar-Ideias No Papel
<https://www.publishersglobal.com/directory/publisher-profile/1225> Porto,
Portugal

Ambar was founded (stationery products) in 1939 and is a publishing house
since 1980 (fiction, non-fiction and books for children). In our Catalogue
the quality (design, materials and contents) are our main goal.

Publisher profile: Ambar-Ideias No Papel
<https://www.publishersglobal.com/directory/publisher-profile/1225>
Imagine Words, Lda
<https://www.publishersglobal.com/directory/publisher-profile/21073> Lisboa,
Portugal

Publisher of illustrated books, we're starting in the portuguese industry
where we pretend to provide our customers the books they wanted

Publisher profile: Imagine Words, Lda
<https://www.publishersglobal.com/directory/publisher-profile/21073>
Minutos de Leitura
<https://www.publishersglobal.com/directory/publisher-profile/5353> Lisboa,
Portugal

A new publisher, exclusively dedicated to children's and juvenile books.
Have been working with co-editions and foreign rights, but also with
projects of new Portuguese authors and illustrators.

Publisher profile: Minutos de Leitura
<https://www.publishersglobal.com/directory/publisher-profile/5353>
Arteplural Edições Lda.
<https://www.publishersglobal.com/directory/publisher-profile/1536> Cascais,
Portugal

Publisher of practical guides, travel guides, gift-books and YA fiction
with nation-wide distribution. O Quinto Selo imprint publishes romantic,
historical, noir and chick-lit fiction. Main authors: Ian Fleming, Marian
Keyes, Nora Roberts.

Publisher profile: Arteplural Edições Lda.
<https://www.publishersglobal.com/directory/publisher-profile/1536>
Editorial Verbo, S.A.
<https://www.publishersglobal.com/directory/publisher-profile/3190> Lisboa,
Portugal

After 46 years of existence, Verbo has concentrated its publications mainly
in two areas: reference books (such as encyclopaedias, dictionaries and
history compendiums) and books for young persons. University textbooks and
essays are also worthy of mention.

Publisher profile: Editorial Verbo, S.A.
<https://www.publishersglobal.com/directory/publisher-profile/3190>
Arte À Parte
<https://www.publishersglobal.com/directory/publisher-profile/21508> Azeitão,
Portugal

Arte À Parte is a new publisher founded in 2010. Specialized on children
books, graphic novels and artist books . Most of the books are limited
editions.

Publisher profile: Arte À Parte
<https://www.publishersglobal.com/directory/publisher-profile/21508>