[CASL-L] Portuguese books for kids

Powe, Kymberlee Kymberlee.Powe at ct.gov
Fri Oct 11 09:38:08 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,
I’m not sure if any of you know this but the State Library has put together a list of libraries that have relatively large foreign language collections. This won’t necessarily help you find book to purchase for your own collections but it’s a way to get books into the hands of children in a language that is native to them. I would suggest reaching out to the youth librarian at these particular libraries and see if they’d be willing to lend you a set of books for a month or two. I’ve attached a PDF of libraries and languages, but here’s the link as well, just scroll down to the bottom and look in the row to the left. https://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/children/resources
Let me know if I can be of any help.
Kym

[Macintosh HD:Users:jeff:Desktop:CT_State_Library_Email_Logo.jpg]

Kymberlee Powe | Children and YA Consultant | Kymberlee.Powe at ct.gov<mailto:Kymberlee.Powe at ct.gov> | Office: (860) 704-2207 | https://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/children| 786 S. Main St. Middletown, CT 06457| Fax: (860) 704-2228