[CASL-L] Seats available! Stop Burnout: Five Steps to Re-Energize Your Work...with Jean Baur Sept. 18

Hurley, Gail Gail.Hurley at ct.gov
Tue Sep 3 09:46:47 PDT 2019

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D03115.F4805630]

Stop Burnout: Five Steps to    Re-Energize Your Work For Your Best Year Ever
Did you ever wonder how you ended up in such a complicated profession? Ever think, how can I carve out time for myself when the needs of my patrons keep me so busy? Did you ever wish for a quiet place where you could be by yourself and recharge?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you're in the right place. Jean Baur, our speaker today, knows about multi-tasking, meeting tight deadlines, juggling work and family. She works extensively with libraries in New England and understands how easy it is to experience burnout given the demands placed on library staff. She's also counseled thousands of clients in her role as a corporate trainer and career coach, and saw firsthand how damaging burnout was. In fact, she realized that it's hard to make any real progress when burnout is holding you back.
In this interactive session you'll learn:

  *   To recognize burnout and understand why it's destructive
  *   How it's different from stress
  *   Five tools that will help you make better choices
  *   Burnout busters that you can use every day in just a few minutes
  *   The magic of gratitude
Jean Baur is a regular at our CLA conferences. She's spoken about how to stop burnout, career issues, and presentation skills. She draws on her experience as an author, career coach and speaker, and likes nothing better than helping professionals learn new skills that make a difference. She has a special place in her heart for libraries and librarians, as she speaks frequently at libraries across the state--most recently about her book, "Joy Unleashed:  The Story of Bella, the Unlikely Therapy Dog", and with her new therapy dog, Rudy. She's a member of the National Speakers Association.
This is a free, in-person workshop taking place at the Middletown Library Service Center.
Cost: Free
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
1-4 pm
Middletown Library Service Center (MLSC), 786 South Main Street,
Middletown, CT  06457
To register, visit https://cslib.libcal.com/event/5620692
Registration limited to 25 attendees

CT State Library is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.

(c) 2019 CT State Library. All rights reserved.