[CASL-L] How to share and force a copy of a google form!

Polack, Lisa lpolack at ellingtonschools.net
Wed Apr 1 12:04:02 PDT 2020

I learned something new this week! It's super easy to share a google form
and force the new person to make their own copy.
I had been trying to make this work for the Nutmeg voting forms and with
all that is going on, did not have the time to really look for the answer.

Jane Martellino shared a post about free daily check-in forms using Google
Forms. When I checked it out, I realized the forms on Jennifer Findley's
website were not shared so anyone could edit, but shared in a way that
forced the copy.
I commented on Jennifer's post and she shared these easy instructions
https://blog.tcea.org/force-a-copy-google-form/

Hooray!!! Now we can easily share forms we are creating without worry that
someone is going to edit things without making their own copy.

Perhaps some of you knew this already, but thought I'd share! I
really don't know why Google doesn't offer this option in the first place.

Be well  -
-Lisa

*Lisa Polack  MEd, MLS*
*School Librarian, **Ellington Middle School*
*Secretary, Nutmeg Book Award*