[CASL-L] Copyright/ Fair Use Question

Maureen Schlosser maureen_schlosser2006 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 17 03:42:03 PST 2020

Hi, Anne!This sounds like such a great project! What a creative way to engage learners with literature. I believe you can only copy 2 pictures from a picture book. Asking the publisher is a great idea. If you don’t hear back from them, I wonder if you could record their stories in a different way?What about recording learners telling their stories and sharing their recordings with a QR code taped to the book? The recording could include a chime to indicate a page turn.
One year, second graders developed stories for the wordless book, The Lion and the Mouse. They used an app to make a picture of the lion and the mouse talk. I believe the app was Funny Movie Maker, but I bet there are plenty others to choose from. Learners could also copy the characters and make stick puppets out of them. They could design a background and tell their stories with the puppets.
Good luck!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone