[CASL-L] Important Budget Questions - Assistance Greatly Needed

president at ctcasl.org president at ctcasl.org
Fri Feb 28 12:35:28 PST 2020

Question: What state defines a SCHOOL Library as such and what year is that from???

The AASL position on an EFFECTIVE SCHOOL LIBRARY

“As a fundamental component of college, career, and community readiness, the effective school library: 1. is adequately staffed, including a state-certified school librarian who • is an instructional leader and teacher, • supports the development of digital learning, participatory learning, inquiry learning, technology literacies, and information literacy, and • supports, supplements, and elevates the literacy experience through guidance and motivational reading initiatives; 2. has up-to-date digital and print materials and technology, including curation of openly licensed educational resources; and 3. provides regular professional development and collaboration between classroom teachers and school librarians”

These would have budgetary implications…

Barb