[CASL-L] Makerspace logistics

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Fri Jan 3 05:31:35 PST 2020

I created a Google calendar for staff to sign up when they need the SPACE,
and I get LOTS of donations from parents for craft supplies.
I also approach retiring teachers as they clean out their spaces.
PTO helps with the "techy" stuff...
Must haves for me were those fabric bins, to help with organization and
storage.

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020, 8:12 AM Emily Boisvert <ebov at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> I'm thinking it had to do with everyone away on winter break but I only
> had one person share feedback about my makerspace questions so I thought
> I'd ask again.....
>
> I’ve dabbled in offering maker activities with students from time to time
> for a few years now but my district is moving towards funding a designated
> space in each of our k-4 elementary schools....
> If I could have a say in what gets purchased, what are some *must-include
> items/kits* you’d recommend? Not sure about the budget for it yet....
> Also, for those of you with a designated maker space, what are your *logistics
> for scheduling with classes*? There are no tech teachers or library
> assistants in our elementary settings and we are on fixed
> schedules.....thanks so much!
>
> Emily Boisvert

Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in
person.