[CASL-L] Makerspace logistics

Allison Loiseau librarianallie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 08:40:01 PST 2020

Hi Emily,
I am new to my role as an LMS. My principal asked me to focus on
incorporating Makerspace activities this year. It works for me to send out
a two-week sign up sheet with ideas for curriculum-linked Maker
activities.  The two week cycle gives everyone time to visit. They pick
30-60 minute slots when it’s convenient. When the teachers sign up, they
tell me what activity they’d like to do. My schedule is a blend of fixed
and flex instruction. I have 3 flex days in a 6 day rotation.  As for
materials, we love our Plusplus blocks, legos, and Bunchems for design
challenges.  I also like to do arts and crafts, such as 3D wrapping paper
bows or make your own valentines. For those I like to get dollar store
materials including pipe cleaners, doilies, and tissue paper. I hope this
helps!
Allison Loiseau
Highland Elementary
Wallingford, CT