[CASL-L] [EXTERNAL] Middle School Libraries - Reopening

Crean, Sue creans at brookfieldps.org
Fri Jul 17 12:32:08 PDT 2020

I just ordered paper backs with handles from WB Mason. I’m going to either
provide a google form or have them email a book request. I’ll put in bag,
write their name on it and give to teacher or put in mailbox.  That’s the
plan. I think the trick is going to be getting word out about new books or
maybe offering a service where they can give me ideas about the type of
book and I send them 2 choices.
It will be a challenge!
Sue

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 7:08 AM Musket, Kimberly <
kmusket at wallingfordschools.org> wrote:

> Good morning-
> I am a middle school librarian and have been trying to think of the best
> ways to get books to students this coming school year. The other middle
> school librarian in my town and I are working on a plan to get books to
> students in a safe way.
>
> We do not have regularly-scheduled classes. We collaborate with classroom
> teachers. During pre-pandemic times, teachers would bring their classes to
> get books and students could come down individually to get books.
>
> We are going to have collection bins for each day of the week so we know
> when books have been returned. After 72 hours, we will check them in and
> shelve them. We are thinking that we will have students request the books
> they want and we will deliver them to classrooms. Maybe have a set schedule
> such as, Mondays for sixth grade, etc.
>
> Does anyone else have any good suggestions for getting books to middle
> school students?
>
> Thank you
> Kim
>
> Kim Musket
> School Librarian
> Webmaster
> James H. Moran, Sr. Middle School
>
> Currently reading *Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix *by J.K.
> Rowling, Illustrated by Jim Kay.
> Currently listening to *The Breadwinner *by Deborah Ellis*.*
>
> Just finished reading:
> *Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire *by J.K. Rowling, Illustrated by Jim
> Kay.
> *Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban *by J.K. Rowling, Illustrated
> by Jim Kay.
> *To Night Owl from Dogfish *by Holly Goldberg Sloan
> *H**arry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets *by J.K. Rowling, Illustrated
> by Jim Kay
>
> Just finished listening to:
>
> *The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon**Macy McMillan and the Rainbow
> Goddess *by Shari Green.
> *Amal Unbound *by Aisha Saeed
> *The Downstairs Girl *by Stacey Lee

Mrs. Sue Crean
Librarian/21st Century Skills Teacher
Whisconier Middle School
Brookfield, CT
creans at brookfieldps.org

*You have plenty of courage, I am sure," answered Oz. "All you need is
confidence in yourself. There is no living thing that is not afraid when it
faces danger. The true courage is in facing danger when you are afraid, and
that kind of courage you have in plenty.  - L. Frank Baum*
The information contained in this electronic mail message, including
anyattachments(s),
is confidential information intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above, and may be privileged.  The
information herein may also be protected by the Electric Communication
Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Sections 25*y Matt de la Pe*ñ*a*10-2521.  If the
reader of this messageis not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any
notify the author by telephone at 203 *775-7616 *or by return e-mail, and
delete the original message. Thank you.