[CASL-L] FW: Money Smart Week 2020 | Webinar Recordings, Marketing Resources & Event Registration

Hurley, Gail Gail.Hurley at ct.gov
Wed Mar 4 06:35:59 PST 2020

Good morning.  As the email below says…Money Smart Week @ Your Library is one month away (April 4-11).  We had a table at the Legislative Office Building a few weeks ago for a Financial Education Expo put on by the Dept. of Banking, where we promoted Money Smart Week.  Our State Treasurer, Shawn Wooden stopped by the table with his staff and we talked about libraries and the financial programming they do for their communities (for children through seniors).  He was especially interested in Money Smart Week and asked his staff to make a note of it.  We also spoke about financial literacy education in schools.

I would love to send his office a sample list of programming happening in libraries that week.  Please let me know what you have planned.  If you are still trying to set up some programming, we have unbiased partner organizations who present at libraries for free (e.g. Dept. of Banking, UConn Extension, Partnership for Long Term Care, Connecticut Association for Human Services, CHET, your local banks and credit unions, etc.).

Visit our libguide for other ideas and resources: https://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/Financial_Literacy .

Thanks. Hope to hear from you!
Gail

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D0519B.D2024810]