[CASL-L] Librarians are teachers too!

Cathy Andronik cathyandronik at yahoo.com
Wed May 20 17:20:14 PDT 2020

 Let me know if you need another voice from someone with lots of experience AND nothing to lose at this point.  I retired in 2018 after 30 years, most spent in schools where I'd show up for an all-faculty event and be asked," What are you doing here?  You're not a teacher."  (Sometimes that came from an administrator.)  I spoke out a lot, but kept myself in check because I needed the job.  Now I can speak freely.
So many of the questions I've seen through CASL from librarians trying to help teachers with inflexible lesson plans could have been so different if those teachers had consulted FIRST with their librarians about what resources ARE available, rather than going through exercises in futility looking for resources that aren't.
Cathy Andronik(Retired) Brien McMahon HS, Norwalk