[CASL-L] Elem: Reader's Advisory Services

Jane Martellino janemartellino at gmail.com
Tue May 26 09:31:33 PDT 2020

Early on, I offered to parents the opportunity to get a personalized list
for their child for summer reading. The list could be made up of ebooks
available through school or public library or print or a combo.
Interestingly, they have all wanted print books which they would purchase.
 There's a need to support local independent stores which I do frequently
and have made lists that send the families directly to the store for the
order.  But the reality is that times are tough and many families have
experienced financial difficulties BUT still want to purchase books AND
need low prices.  So, here is one way....

I like to use Pictochart to make a flyer and I hand pick books from a discount
vendor <https://bookoutlet.com/> and then link each book right to the
site.  As a school we were able to pick a book for a *One School One
Book *program
from this website <https://www.bookdepot.com/>. Melissa Thom recently
shared how she is also pleased with these two companies and uses them for
her book giveaways.  Nigel is fabulous to work with so reach out to him at
nigel.corish at bookdepot.com  We created our *Battle of the Books*  list for
upcoming 5th graders from the inventory on their site since they had so
many great titles to choose from and parents could purchase the whole set
for such a cheap price.

Just another way for us to share our expertise and support families.
Jane

--
Jane E. Martellino
Twitter: @janemartellino