[CASL-L] Our autumn books have cabin fever, can they visit your library?

Burchard, Grace Grace.Burchard at ct.gov
Thu Sep 3 08:04:23 PDT 2020

Good morning all,
This email is cross-posted to various lists, please excuse duplication.

Do you need some seasonal children's books?  Our books have cabin fever from the shutdown and want to visit your library!  The Middletown Library Service Center can loan your library or school library autumn, Halloween, Thanksgiving, apple, or pumpkin picture and nonfiction children's books for your library.  In addition to Halloween-specific picture books, we also have spooky children's books to lend.  They'd love to go to your library and gossip with your books, telling ghost stories after the lights go off for the night.

We also have puppets to lend: turkey, apple with worm, bats, witches, vampires, wolves, spiders (hand or finger), snakes, crow, and owls.  Email if you want one or more of the puppets for virtual or in-person storytime or children's room décor.

We can also send spooky young adult books, with ghosts, vampires, werewolves, and other things that go bump in the night.  Please respond off list to judy.crooks at ct.gov<mailto:judy.crooks at ct.gov?subject=Fall%20children's%20books> to request these seasonal items. Due to our 90 day checkout period, they'll be due at the beginning of December.  Based on previous demand, we can send you up to 30 children's Halloween/spooky books, 10 autumn books, 5 thanksgiving books, 5 apple books, 5 pumpkin books, and 10 young adult spooky books.  You can always borrow less than these numbers if you wish.

[CT_State_Library_Logo_02]

Grace Burchard | Library Technical Assistant | <Grace.Burchard at ct.gov<mailto:Grace.Burchard at ct.gov>> | Office: (860) 704-2212 | www.ctstatelibrary.org<http://www.ctstatelibrary.org> | Middletown Library Service Center | 786 South Main St. Middletown, CT 06457 | Toll Free in CT: 1-800-437-2313 | Fax: (860) 704-2228 | deliverIT CT: E-108