[CASL-L] Synchronous remote learning at elementary level?

Elaine Shapiro elaine.shapiro7 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 11:37:16 PDT 2020

Hi
I am just wondering what other districts are doing.   We have opened on a
hybrid model, with some students coming M-T, others th-F, and a chunk are
Distance Only.
First we were told to do a Seesaw lesson, based on in-class teaching, every
day for those at home, Wenesdays we are all home, and first the synchronous
learning was limited to Wed.  Now it is required daily, in some form,
unclear how much.   Zoom doesn't work in our building, and the plan is to
use Team, which also has challenges.. The specials teachers are exempt, but
I would like to know if there is age appropriate technology out there to do
this.  Someone asked about Google Meets and they said there is a problem
with that,but I don't know what.

Elaine