[CASL-L] Safeguarding a Google Meet

Jaclyn Deloma jdeloma at milforded.org
Wed Sep 16 18:31:55 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone!

Our school is having some difficulty with kids accessing Google meetings
either prior to the official start of one or after the meeting has ended.
I found the attached video that describes how utilizing a nickname prevents
this situation from happening while also continuing to have host controls
of participants' Google Meet functions.  However, a teacher stated one of
her students was able to still access the Meet without her present.  Does
anyone know of any other ways or features in Meets that will help with this?

Google Meet Host Control <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylx_DR0CRGM>

Thank you!
Jackie

--