[CASL-L] Fwd: Suggestion for Students Experiencing Problems

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Wed Sep 23 14:10:40 PDT 2020

Fyi...
>From my IT (and hopefully yours)

Keep Chromebook plugged in during Google meet as possible solution.

All,

We have been following an issue reported with the latest version of
ChromeOS and Chromebooks that run on AMD processors.  This would include
about half of the Gen6 Chromebooks and all of our brand new Gen8
Chromebooks.  It manifests itself as slowness and audio problems when in
Google Meet.  It may not be the case for all of the reported issues -
Comcast was a problem today as well - but a reported workaround is to make
sure that the Chromebooks are plugged into power while the students are on
google meets with them.  The problem appears to be related to Power Savings
features on the AMD Chromebooks.

Google is reportedly working on a fix for this in the next version of
ChromeOS.  Unfortunately there is no easy way to roll back to a previous
version and we are forced to wait for this update to be released.

Robert Meany
Network Manager, IT Department
Colchester Public Schools
email: rmeany at colchesterct.org
phone: (860) 337-1509

--
Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in