[CASL-L] ISO Free Voluntary Reading propaganda

Hsiang, Sara hsiangs at stratk12.org
Thu Feb 11 09:52:38 PST 2021

In the interest of time saving, please help with the best quick, painless,
effective links/videos to convince a new reading teacher to let her kids
read something fun and of interest (and not just structured *life-draining*
exercises together as a class). Apparently, she doesn't think they are
"ready" for independent reading. Don't get me started.
I quickly googled Stephen Krashen but I don't think an hour-long lecture on
linguistics is going to do the trick.
I have plenty of books (including graphic novels) that I could somehow get
in the hands of kids but she needs to open up to the idea first.
Oh, I'm not even open and very few students are in school but I'm
strategizing. These are very low high school readers.
Thanks!