[CASL-L] quarantining/browsing in library/walk in traffic questions

Leslie Poulos l_poulos at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 16:32:59 PST 2021

Hello colleagues,
Hello all,
Our assistant superintendent (Wethersfield) is looking for information on how other districts are handling book quarantining and browsing (we've been quarantining books and are on a mostly book delivery model).  In addition, most of our elementary library staff (who are non-certified yet scheduled) have been going to classroom Meets or to classrooms (vs. having students coming in to the library).
Our elementary students have just gone back to four days a week in person (about 75-89% are going in person depending on the school) --and the assistant superintendent asked me to gather data on what is happening elsewhere in terms of book quarantining/browsing/checkouts. The middle school and high school are still hybrid but that may be shifting in the future. The middle school has a Spanish classroom in it this year so we have very limited walk in traffic (call us first and send students down) but we are mostly delivering books to ELA classes. The high school has a pass system in place to limit numbers for study hall or other needs (Chromebook/books) and also delivers books.
If you have a moment, would you fill out the survey so I can give our assistant superintendent some information on what is happening elsewhere? I'm happy to share out the results as well.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdAOt0XWtLGPgn-F8TLdcRLXKZ_kUuIw-KmLk-AQ9p7fphIfw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you so much!

Leslie Poulos l_poulos at yahoo.com