[CASL-L] Nutmeg 2021 Winners!

Polack, Lisa lpolack at ellingtonschools.net
Fri May 14 04:57:33 PDT 2021

The winners are...
[image: image.png]

2021 Elementary 2-3 Nutmeg Book Award Winner
*We Don't Eat Our Classmates* by Ryan T. Higgins

2021 Intermediate 4-6 Nutmeg Book Award Winner
*Restart* by Gordon Korman

2021 Middle School 7-8 Nutmeg Book Award Winner
*New Kid* by Jerry Craft

2021 High School 9-12 Nutmeg Book Award Winner (by just 3 votes!)
*Symptoms of Being Human* By Jeff Garvin

A full list with the voting breakdown is attached to this message.

Thank you to all the teachers and librarians who promoted these titles and
submitted votes.

Additional thanks to our 2021 Selection Committee Chairpeople and Members
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X2naWIzxwPzS0LOmJaOfk54J0rTHnYwDfmGNW8GVQtA/edit?usp=sharing>
who read A LOT of books to come up with these excellent nominees.

Do you have a creative way to promote the Nutmeg nominees or a
fun/innovative way to engage student readers with these lists of books?
We'd love to hear from you, and share your ideas on our website!
We hope to also feature some of these ideas in newsletters throughout the
year.
Thank you in advance for sharing!

*Lisa Polack  MEd, MLS*
*School Librarian, **Ellington Middle School*
*6th Grade, Distance Learning ELA Teacher*
*Secretary, Nutmeg Book Award*