[CASL-L] AASL standards elementary

Elaine Shapiro elaine.shapiro7 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 06:53:19 PDT 2021

I am looking for some elementary school librarians with whom to discuss the
new standards.  I am solo in my district, have spent hours reviewing  the
standards and crosswalks, but need to talk through how to actually
implement them.   I would love to discuss the nitty gritty how tos with
some fellow travelers.
How do you translate these standards into lessons with measurable
objectives? How do you do that for grades 1-4 and connect to report cards?

Also, what free digital tools are you using for students to share their
thinking, their research, their ideas?

Thank you
Elaine Shapiro, Broad Brook Elementary School, East Windsor School District

 cannot alone make the leap and