[CASL-L] book recommendations

Musket, Kimberly kmusket at wallingfordschools.org
Fri Nov 5 10:18:56 PDT 2021

Hello All-
I'm looking for book recommendations, again.

   - Historical fiction books for 7th graders reading on a second-third
   grade level. They have read all of the I Survived graphic novels. These
   students normally hate reading but are flying through these books. I'd like
   to keep the momentum going but there aren't any more of this series left.
   The regular I Survived books are on a fourth grade level. We'd like to try
   to have them read a book other than a graphic novel, if we can. If we don't
   find anything, we will have them listen to a book while they read along in
   Learning Ally.
   - Looking for a book for our library in memory of a staff member's
   mother. I know some of you have given some recommendations already but she
   has given me more information. Here is what I have from her. --Her life was
   her children and grandchildren. Family was very important to her.  She was
   one of 5 kids and had 5 children. Her dad was from Brazil and her mom was
   from Portugal. She grew up speaking a lot of Portuguese and following those
   traditions. She worked for Wallingford electric for 30+ years. She was a
   realtor and worked at a bank before that. She was Miss Wallingford and was
   runner up for Miss Connecticut.

Thank you so much!

Kim

Kim Musket
School Librarian
James H. Moran, Sr. Middle School

Currently reading:
*Yusef Azeem is Not a Hero *by Saadia Faruqi

Current listening to:
*Cog *by Greg Van Eekhout

Recently finished:
*Out of My Mind *by Sharon Draper
*Quidditch Through the Ages *by J.K. Rowling and illustrated by Emily
Gravett
*Fire from the Rock *by Sharon Draper
Wink by Rob Harrell
*Pet *by Akwaeke Emezi
*Marcus Vega Doesn't Speak Spanish *by Pablo Cartaya
*You Don't Know Everything, Jilly P! *by Alex Gino
*Genesis Begins Again *by Alicia D. Williams
*Emmy in the Key of Code *by Aimee Lucido
*The Shattered Castle *by Jennifer A. Nielsen
*The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise *by Dan Gemeinhart
*Good Enough *by Jen Petro-Roy