[CASL-L] Epic's Time Change

Gail Nelson gwnelson100 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 06:06:09 PST 2021

Hi everyone,

I have found Epic to be an AMAZING source for research for all my K-4
students.  I often put together collections of books for a grade level to
use to research a topic.  Unfortunately, I have Computer Literacy classes
scheduled in the last time period of every day.  Unfortunately, Epic has
changed their hours and if students are not logged in before 3pm or if they
accidentally log out instead of closing a book, they are "locked out."  A
notice appears advising students they need to ask a parent to subscribe.

This has been a very sad inconvenience this year.  I fully support Epic's
need for support from families and I often advocate for this with students'
families.  This is a free resource and I'm very grateful for it.  I have
been considering asking Epic if they might reconsider this time change,
which feels a bit presumptuous because it's free!

I'm curious if anyone else has run into this or has any information about
why they made this change.
Thanks!

Gail Nelson