[CASL-L] Makerbot

Allison Loiseau librarianallie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 18:09:30 PST 2021

Hi everyone,
My school district won a grant that provided our K-5 school library with a
Makerbot 3D printer.  I am a little bit panicked because I have never used
a 3D printer.  I have not been given any training, so I will be attempting
to make sense of it during my limited prep time. Honestly, I feel like I am
already just managing to stay afloat.  Does anyone have words of wisdom
regarding 3D printing at the elementary level? Does anyone have a Makerbot
and a willingness to let me visit? I  am trying to get excited about it and
imagine some uses for it.  Thanks in advance for any help!
Allison