[CASL-L] book recommendations, again

Smith, Laura smithl at granbyschools.org
Wed Oct 13 10:20:23 PDT 2021

How about Each Tiny Spark by Pablo Cartaya?  It is about a 12 year old girl
who loves to tinker with electricity and wants to rebuild her relationship
with her father after his deployment.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 1:07 PM Musket, Kimberly <
kmusket at wallingfordschools.org> wrote:

> Hello-
> Our school's sunshine club purchases books for our library in memory of
> family members who have passed away. We try to purchase a book that is
> related to some of their interests. So far, I've had good luck finding
> titles. This particular one has stumped me.
>
> Can anyone think of a book that would go with the following description?
> It has to be for grades 6-8.
>
> This came from the Google Form we use:
> She loved her children and grandchildren, worked at Wallingford Electric
> Division for 30+ years, was a realtor and worked at a bank before that. Was
> Miss Wallingford and runner up for Miss Connecticut.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Kim Musket
> School Librarian
> James H. Moran, Sr. Middle School
>
> Currently reading:
> Wink by Rob Harrell
> *Quidditch Through the Ages *by J.K. Rowling and illustrated by Emily
> Gravett
>
> Current listening to:
> *Pet *by Akwaeke Emezi
>
> Recently finished:
> *Marcus Vega Doesn't Speak Spanish *by Pablo Cartaya
> *You Don't Know Everything, Jilly P! *by Alex Gino
> *Genesis Begins Again *by Alicia D. Williams
> *Emmy in the Key of Code *by Aimee Lucido
> *The Shattered Castle *by Jennifer A. Nielsen
> *The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise *by Dan Gemeinhart
> *Good Enough *by Jen Petro-Roy

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail, including any
attachments, is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of
this e-mail, including any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you
received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail