[CASL-L] creating a literacy committee

Musket, Kimberly kmusket at wallingfordschools.org
Mon Sep 20 06:13:03 PDT 2021

Good morning-
I'm in the process of forming a school literacy committee for a
middle school. As of right now, there are 11 of us (very exciting)! Our
first meeting is this Wednesday. I'm trying to create an agenda for the
first day.

I'm wondering if anyone else has an existing literacy committee and is
willing to share how you got started.

I was thinking I could add the events I usually run during the school year
but would also like to allow for some brainstorming about how we can
promote reading in our building.

Does anyone have any suggestions or can you point me to some good resources
for this?

Thank you!
Kim

Kim Musket
School Librarian
James H. Moran, Sr. Middle School

Currently reading:
*The Shattered Castle *by Jennifer A. Nielsen
*It's Trevor Noah: Born a Crime: Stories from a South African
Childhood* by Trevor
Noah (Young Readers' Edition)

Current listening to:
*The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise *by Dan Gemeinhart

Recently finished:
*Good Enough *by Jen Petro-Roy
*Cleo Porter and the Body Electric *by Jake Burt
*The First Rule of Punk *by Celia C. Perez
*Sanity and Tallulah *by Molly Brooks
*Tell Me Who You Are: Sharing Our Stories of Race, Culture, & Identity *by
Winona Guo, Priya Vulchi
*Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood *by Trevor Noah