[CASL-L] [EXTERNAL] Circulation numbers

Rocca, Jen Roccaj at brookfieldps.org
Mon Feb 14 07:41:22 PST 2022

Our circulation numbers are pretty bad - but our library usage statistics
are quite high. When asked for circulation statistics I usually include a
statement on why circulation doesn't reflect how the library is used and
that many books are used in the library for research but not checked out.
Then I offer the statistics that better reflect what we do: the number of
classes served, lessons taught, students using the library space, etc.

We started paying for LibraryTrac a few years ago and that has been
fantastic for giving us detailed statistics on how our space and services
are used.

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 10:24 AM Matthew Cadorette <
MCadorette at waterfordschools.org> wrote:

> My superintendent just asked for library circulation numbers.
>

> Does anyone else have these on hand for their school?
>

> Waterford has about 800+/- students.
>

> Just wanted some way to compare in case I’m asked.
>

> *Waterford High School Library*
>

> Circulation numbers for print and video
>

> *Sept. 1, - June 1*
>

> 2017-2018 - 1,078
>

> 2018-2019 -  1,594
>

> 2019-2020 - 1,175
>

> 2020-2021 - 1,429
>

> *Sept. 1 2021 - Feb 13, 2022*
>

> 2021-2022 - 1,146
>

> Thanks,
>
> Matt
>

> *Matthew Cadorette*
>
> *Librarian*
>
> *Waterford High School*
>
> *20 Rope Ferry Road*
>
> *Waterford, CT 06385*
>
> *(860) 437-6956*
>

> *Billy Pilgrim has become unstuck in time*
>
> *     Slaughterhouse 5, Kurt Vonnegut*

Jennifer Rocca (she/her)
BHS Teacher Librarian
203-775-7725 x-7775

"We are a learning community committed to fostering intellect, respect, and
integrity."