[CASL-L] Circulation numbers

Pellegrino, Janice pellegrino at stratk12.org
Mon Feb 14 08:31:06 PST 2022

Hi Matt -

I moved districts so this is only my second year in this building. Our
student population is about 1050.

I was very surprised when I just ran the circ figures because the student
body, as a whole, doesn't seem to have a huge group of passionate
readers, yet our numbers look pretty good.

2016-17:    2959
2017-18:    2094
2018-19:    2828
2019-20:    3212
2020-21:    1233  (we had a ton of students 100% remote learning plus for a
good part of the year our kids who were attending in person were divided
into cohorts where they came in only two days per week and the other cohort
came two different days.)
2021-22 (as of 2/14/22):     1838

I think there are a few factors which are influencing this:

1. Our students love graphic novels/manga. Our 2021-22 circ figure (to
date) is 1838, 505 of which are circs of graphics/manga.

2. Our English teachers have been bringing their classes down to the
library every few months to do book exchange.

3. The English department books are also cataloged within our Destiny
system, and the teachers typically circulate the required English texts to
their students from the classroom. So while we're not seeing those students
nor checking out the English department books ourselves in the library,
we're scooping up those circ figures in addition to the circs from the
library collection itself.

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 10:25 AM Matthew Cadorette <
MCadorette at waterfordschools.org> wrote:

> My superintendent just asked for library circulation numbers.
>

> Does anyone else have these on hand for their school?
>

> Waterford has about 800+/- students.
>

> Just wanted some way to compare in case I’m asked.
>

> *Waterford High School Library*
>

> Circulation numbers for print and video
>

> *Sept. 1, - June 1*
>

> 2017-2018 - 1,078
>

> 2018-2019 -  1,594
>

> 2019-2020 - 1,175
>

> 2020-2021 - 1,429
>

> *Sept. 1 2021 - Feb 13, 2022*
>

> 2021-2022 - 1,146
>

> Thanks,
>
> Matt
>

> *Matthew Cadorette*
>
> *Librarian*
>
> *Waterford High School*
>
> *20 Rope Ferry Road*
>
> *Waterford, CT 06385*
>
> *(860) 437-6956*
>

> *Billy Pilgrim has become unstuck in time*
>
> *     Slaughterhouse 5, Kurt Vonnegut*

*Ms. Janice Pellegrino, M.P., M.L.S.*
*Teacher Librarian*
*Frank Scott Bunnell High School*