[CASL-L] Cricut expertise needed

Cyndi Hansard cyndi at aya.yale.edu
Tue Feb 15 05:33:17 PST 2022

This email is for the Cricut experts:

We have a Cricut. I more or less know how to use it. I use Design Space on
my school laptop and everything works just fine. I do not have a Cricut
Access subscription.

I have lots of questions. Please answer if you have direct experience with
any of them. My questions all relate to STUDENTS using the Cricut.

1. Can they use a chromebook to design and connect to the Cricut?
2. What device(s) do you have students use to design and connect?
3. Does each student create their own account, or do you have one library
Cricut account?
4. Other than getting lots of design elements for free, does the Cricut
Access subscription make a huge difference in your ability to allow
students to use the Cricut?

So far I have one student who has used the Cricut. I trust her, so I let
her use my laptop after school to design and create. But obviously, that is
not ideal on many levels. So I'm trying to figure out what I need to do
and/or purchase and/or connect to the Cricut so that different students and
teachers can all use the Cricut.

Thank you for your help!
Cyndi Hansard (she, her, hers)
Parish Hill Middle / High School