[CASL-L] MLK books

Cathy Andronik cathyandronik at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 07:26:11 PDT 2022

 I love the H.P. Lovecraft question.  I once had a high school student ask me for something "eldritch."  I, who own a Miskatonic University sweatshirt, knew EXACTLY what he meant.  There is only one place a 16-year-old boy would pick up that vocabulary word.  And . . . same here, my library had a few stories in collections but not an entire book of Lovecraft.  (Perhaps because of the racist content in some of the stories?).
As for an MLK bio appropriate for high school, I just did a quick search--and there is not a lot out there.  Swanson concentrating on the assassination, Bausum with a concentration on the political situation leading up to the assassination, but no ordinary "he was born . . . he accomplished . . . he died" type biography for that grade level in the past 15-20 years.  I had Martin Luther King, Jr.: We Shall Overcome (African-American Biography Library)

|  |  |

|  |
Martin Luther King, Jr.: We Shall Overcome (African-American Biography L...

Nonviolence is the answer. With powerful words and peaceful actions, Martin Luther King, Jr., led the way. He ro...

at my school and remember students checking it out frequently.  Looks like you can rustle up a copy yet on Amazon.
Cathy Andronik(Retired) Brien McMahon HS, Norwalk