[CASL-L] Are Any High School Students Reading Books? Paper or Audible?

Jen jlarkin24 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 09:58:38 PDT 2022

Just to tag on here to what others have said - the study hall dumping is an
issue.  One that probably can't be solved by you alone.  But on the issue
of reading - yes, my high school kids read!  Start small - start with
English teachers, start a reading challenge, start First Chapter or First
Page Fridays, enlist students to help with other ideas.  I run a yearly 20
Book Reading Challenge and have around 300 kids signed up participating.
It evolves and grows each year - you can do it!

Jen