[CASL-L] Easy Scavenger Hunt

Cheryl Robertson robertsonc at guilfordschools.org
Fri Jan 27 10:16:15 PST 2023

Our library paraprofessional came up with a great idea last year.  She made
a large, laminated puzzle, and hid the pieces in the sections of the
library that she wanted the kids to visit.  Each piece provided a hint to
the next puzzle piece.  When they were done, they'd get to put the
puzzle together.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 11:04 AM Michelle Farella <
michelle.farella at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I want to do a library scavenger hunt with my 3rd graders so I was
> initially thinking of having them find the section of the library indicated
> on the sheet, and then write down the name of a book they find in the area.
> However, this might be too hard for some of my students. Can anyone suggest
> a modification? Or, if you have done something similar if you could share
> it with me that would be great!
> Thank you,
> Michelle Farella

*Cheryl A. Robertson*
*Teacher Librarian, E.C. Adams Middle School*
*Click here for homepage
<https://sites.google.com/guilfordschools.org/amslmc/home>*

*"Reading should not be presented to children as a chore, a duty.  It
should be offered as a gift." ~Kate DiCamillo*

*CURREN**TLY READING*

*Nothing to See Here* by Kevin Wilson

*CURRENTLY LISTENING*

*Fish in a Tree *by Lynda Mullaly Hunt

*RECENTLY FINISHED*

*Nothing More to Tell* by Karen M. McManus

*Empty Smiles* by Katherine Arden

*Fallout: Spies, Superbombs, and the Ultimate Cold War Showdown*

     by Steve Sheinken

*Now Is Not the Time to Panic* by Kevin Wilson

*Going Rogue: Rise & Shine 29* by Janet Evanovich

*Cloud Cuckoo Land* by Anthony Doerr

*Finding Moon Rabbit *by J.C. Kato and J.C.2

*Starfish *by Lisa Fipps

*Texas Gothic* by Rosemary Clement-Moore

CONFIDENTIAL: This email and any files transmitted with it may contain
information that is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Be advised that
forwarding,
saving, printing, copying, or taking any action on the contents
of this message
may be prohibited. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the
original sender and delete the message and any
attachments from your computer.
Messages to or from the Guilford Public
Schools may be subject to the Freedom
of Information Act (Conn. Gen. Stat.