[MCOH-EH] Side positioning devices for bariatric patients

Roberts, Margaret J mjroberts at emhs.org
Thu Aug 14 04:19:27 PDT 2014

Hi Diane, I previously worked at Brunswick Regional Hospital in Maine where they did a lot of gastric by-pass. They had these great beds for the patients that would turn the patient with the touch of a button. The whole bed would tilt and then it was easy to put patient on their side and support  their back with a foam block.  Much easier for personal care. The patient took the foam back block home with them on discharge. PT showed them how to use the block for some strengthening exercises at home.  Good luck with your search.  Margie