[MCOH-EH] Decon Team - medical clearance

Angelique Ramirez ANGELIQUE.RAMIREZ at phhs.org
Mon May 12 15:51:24 PDT 2014

We have 120 staff who are members of our hospital decon team ... they participate in training, drills, and actual events involving suiting up - events have lasted anywhere from 1-2 hours to 7-8 hours.  Occupational Health has not previously be involved with the team ... the disaster preparedness team has asked for our help in updating protocols from initial medical clearance prior to being on the team to the medical monitoring at the time of an event and medical surveillance over time.

If anyone has any procedures/protocols that they would be willing to share or practical lessons learned from experience I'd be grateful - thanks.

Angelique Ramirez, MD
Medical Director, Occupational Health Services
Parkland Health & Hospital System
5201 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75235
214-590-4842 - office
angelique.ramirez at phhs.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, the use, dissemination or reproduction of this communication is prohibited and may be a violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message and its attachments and notify the sender immediately. The Dallas County Hospital District and its affiliated entities hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this information.